The second wave of corona virus infection has twisted the country. Although now the second wave of corona infection also seems to be slowly ending now, but in the meantime another variant Delta Plus has once again spread its feet in the country.
Signature Image (Photo Credit: File)
The second wave of corona virus infection has twisted the country. Although now the second wave of corona infection also seems to be slowly ending now, but in the meantime another variant Delta Plus has once again spread its feet in the country. If Delta Plus does not come under control, then it can become the reason for the third wave. Strong immune system is also seen failing in front of this virus. 8 types of changes mutations have been found in the spike protein of this virus.
The delta plus spike protein has two more mutations than the previous delta variant. This spike protein binds more tightly to the host cell. The Delta Plus can penetrate the cell more easily than the previous variant. The delta variant is about 172 percent more infectious than the initial corona virus. This infectivity is likely to increase further due to mutations in Delta Plus. The Delta Plus variant is also ineffective on the monoclonal antibody cocktail drugs, considered to be the most effective of Corona.
How Delta Plus patients are increasing
- On April 5, the first case was found in the sample collected in Maharashtra.
- There were 6 cases of Detla Plus in the country on 7th June.
- On June 21, the number of delta virus in the country reached 22
- Delta Plus cases improved to 40 by June 23
- As of June 25, the number of Delta Plus patients is 52.
Delta Plus Variants in India
- 52 cases of Delta Plus so far
- 52 patients found in 18 districts of 11 states
- Delta Plus variant in Jammu, Punjab, Gujarat, Rajasthan, MP
- Patients in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha
- Maharashtra has the highest number of 21 cases of Delta Plus variant
- Over 50,000 samples being studied
- According to Dr. VK Paul, member of NITI Aayog, this is not a variant of concern right now.
- NITI Aayog member Dr. VK Paul has categorized Delta Plus as Variant of Interest
- On June 15, Dr. VK Paul had said that it can be called a matter of investigation, not a matter of concern.
- The second wave of corona is not over yet
- Delta Plus was found in Europe in March
- The Delta Plus variant was found for the first time in Europe in March this year.
- Delta Plus was revealed to the world for the first time on 13 June
Where in the world Delta Plus
This is how the journey of Delta variant in India due to corona virus infection
- Delta variant was found in India in December 2020
- Corona virus changes itself very rapidly
- There have been more than 25 thousand changes in the corona virus so far
- Due to these changes, 8,572 variants of Corona were made.
- Double mutant virus found in October 2020
- Double mutant virus turned into delta
- Delta virus detected in December 2020
- No damage caused by double mutants
- Delta variant made in December caused second wave since March
- The reason the Delta variant was dangerous was its rapid spread
First Published : 25 Jun 2021, 11:32:47 PM