HomeWorldChina said on India's statement – ​​border issue should not be linked...

China said on India’s statement – ​​border issue should not be linked to bilateral relations


The military standoff between China and India began in eastern Ladakh on May 5, 2020, and for the first time in 45 years, there were casualties on both sides. Limited progress has been made towards a complete withdrawal of troops from the Pangong Lake area.

Beijing. China The U.S. on Wednesday said the pending border issue with India should be resolved through peaceful dialogue and should not be linked to bilateral ties. When asked about External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar’s statement at Qatar Economic Forum on Tuesday regarding China’s military deployment along the border with India, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian said the border issue should be taken up with bilateral ties. should not be added. Jaishankar had said that China’s military deployment along the disputed border with India and uncertainty about whether Beijing will fulfill its promise to reduce troops continue to pose challenges to relations between the two neighbours. “We should resolve the border issue peacefully and we do not think that the border issue should be linked to our bilateral relations,” Lijian told a media briefing here. China’s military deployment in the western sector of the border is a normal defensive arrangement. This is to prevent encroachment or threat against Chinese territory by the country concerned.

Also read: Who is Kiran Ahuja to head US Office of Personnel Management

China’s foreign ministry later wrote in its reply on the ministry’s website, “China has always stood for the peaceful resolution of the border issue through dialogue and is against linking the border issue with bilateral relations.” Jaishankar had said that the broader issue related to the border dispute in eastern Ladakh is whether India and China can build a relationship based on mutual sensitivity and respect and whether Beijing has written a written request by both sides not to deploy any major armed forces in the border area. Commitment will follow. The military standoff between China and India began in eastern Ladakh on May 5, 2020, and for the first time in 45 years, there were casualties on both sides. Limited progress has been made towards a complete withdrawal of troops from the Pangong Lake area. The two sides are now in talks to process the withdrawal of troops at the remaining points of the confrontation. India is particularly pushing for the withdrawal of troops from Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang. Last month, Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane had said that tensions in eastern Ladakh cannot de-escalate without a complete withdrawal of troops from all points of conflict and the Indian Army is prepared to deal with any contingency in the region. .

Disclaimer:Prabhasakshi has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.

.



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments